Sarah MansellEditor Doulas
Mentored Postnatal Doula
Lives in: Chelmsford CM2
Local info and availability:
Chelmsford and surrounding areas
How to contact Sarah:
My passion is babies and motherhood, and I have been working with newborns, children & parents for over 20 years.
I live in Chelmsford, Essex and I am a mentored postnatal Doula, member of Doula UK & Essex Doulas.
I am a qualified children’s nurse and worked in the local neonatal unit for 7 years providing medical and nursing care to newborns and their parents. In 2007 I set up a project within the community supporting children & families with parenting advice & children’s well-being.
I feel very privileged to have two beautiful children, Henry born in 2012 & Beatrice in 2014. This has given me first hand experience into how wonderful the early days can be, however also daunting and isolating in our modern parenting society where extended families are no longer living down the road.
I believe every birth, baby, mother and family are unique with their own experiences. Therefore, I feel it’s essential to tailor my support offered to suit the needs & goals of the family.
It is important to me that all mothers are given the opportunity to explore their own parenting journeys and for me to support my client with their own informed choices & beliefs in a approachable, non-judgmental and compassionate manner.
For women and the families I support it is essential they feel safe and empowered to have a happy and positive postnatal experience with their babies.
The support I offer can be tailored to your needs, they may include;
- Antenatal visits to plan and discuss support you would like
- Telephone & text support whenever you need it
- Newborn care alongside or while mother rests and recuperates
- Practical light household chores
- Sibling or newborn care, while parents can spend time with baby or older children
- Preparation of light snacks
- Signposting to relevant services and resources
- Overnight support package available for feeding and newborn care
Training & qualifications
- Younique Postnatal Doula Preparation course – Sept 2018
- Safeguarding level 2 – Updated September 2018
- BSc Hons in Neonatal Health (Anglia Ruskin University) Sept 04/Feb 05
- Children’s Nursing (Anglia Ruskin University) – Sept 96/Aug 98
- Counselling and communication skills, Children and young people Level One – June 09
- Domestic Violence and abuse training – April 09
- The Incredible Years Parenting Training – Oct 07
- Special and Intensive Care of the Newborn (Anglia Ruskin University) Sept 03/March 04
Study Days booked;
- NCT First Aid for Babies and Children – 1st December 2018
- Bliss Mental Health Study Day – 11th March 2019